Healthy Vanilla Cupcakes !

by - 1:04 PM


Hello again friends! Like what I've said in my previous post , I'll be posting another blog post and this time its non other than a food post. Hahaha. I realised that I've been baking a lot this month cause I wanna curb my cravings. I posted a picture of a cupcake on my instagram and then I thought , why not just update my blog about this recipe too?


It's a healthier version of vanilla cupcakes with chocolate chips in it topped with a not so healthy frosting but you can also make this without the frosting cause I feel it tastes better without the frosting so I won't be including the recipe for the frosting in this time. You can actually search for a healthier version of frosting recipe to top it with and it all depends on yourself. The original recipe is from here .Hmm...okay. 

It looked slightly darker like a chocolate cupcake but it's probably because of the sugar I used and I sorta overbaked it. :x haha lesson learnt ! Never fall asleep while your cupcakes are still baking in the oven . However , it still tastes good just a bit more harder but it's fine for me . 


I realised that I'm still bad at frosting plus I didn't use a piping bag to pipe the frosting so I just used a spoon :D 

Here are the list of ingredients and directions ; 

Ingredients ;
• 1 plus 1/4 cups whole wheat flour 
•1/2 teaspoon baking soda
•1 plus 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt 
• 2 eggs ( you can substitute it with egg replacer) 
•3/4 sugar ( I used cane sugar )
• 1/2 cup milk of your choice 
• 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar *optional*
•2 teaspoons vanilla extract 
•1/2 cup vege oil 
•1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips coated with flour
• 1 tablespoon chia seeds *optional*


Directions ;
 1.Preheat your oven to 350 F or 180 degree Celsius 
2. Like your cupcake pan with cupcake liners 
3. Mix together the flour , salt , baking powder and baking soda in a large mixing bowl . 
4. Mix with Apple cider vinegar with the milk with a spoon for a couple of minutes . 
5. Beat the eggs and the sugar together with an electric mixer or hand mixer then add in the vegetable oil and vanilla extract .
6. Add the milk and the rest of the ingredients into the large mixing bowl containing the flour and etc and mix them until they are combined and well mixed .
7. Add in the chia seeds and mix them until they are fully incorporated  and scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is mixed in. 
8. Coat your chocolate chips with flour and make sure you do that cause it prevents the chocolate chips to sink to the bottom of the batter when you bake it .
9. Add the chocolate chips into the batter and slowly mix them in with a spatula or large spoon .
10. Use a spoon or ice cream scoop to scoop your batter into the cupcake pan and fill them up until they are 3/4 full .
11. Bake them for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cupcake comes out clean . 
12. Leave them to cool down for 10-20 minutes before serving them and enjoy ! 

Do make sure you don't fall asleep like I did too :P hahaha!  
 And here you go :) hopefully you'll enjoy this '! 

Oh and I'm currently obsessed with Taylor Swift's new album 1989 and I hinted my friends to get it for me as a birthday present :P There was a period of time where I disliked Taylor due to some stupid reasons but yeah I've fallen in love with her songs even more now and its amazing omg especially Blank Space and Style . Amazeballs. I've also searched for acoustic covers and so far Tyler Ward's cover of Blank Space is loveee ❤️❤️❤️

Not to mention, I've found an underrated youtuber who makes awesome covers and I'm still wondering why isn't he famous yet. His name is Travis-Atreo Graham, go search him up on youtube ! I love his cover of Thinking Out Loud, Style, Jealous , Blank Space and mostly everything.
              

             

                           

    


I guess that's all for now then. See you soon! ;) x                 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You May Also Like

0 comments