Whole Wheat Banana Cake !

by - 11:10 AM

Hello people ! I'm back with another healthy dessert recipe post before I'm going to be MIA soon until my SPM is over or when I'm free to blog. Yesterday I woke up with a toothache at my right upper tooth at the back and I'm guessing it's because of my sinus cause the ache is caused from my nerves and I do brush my teeth every day and night okay haha. I had no mood to study at all because of my toothache so I've decided to just bake something to make use of my studying time and not just laze around watching game plays and YouTube videos. I was hesitating to bake cause I'm feeling kinda lazy and I'm lazy and I'm lazy and I just wanna roll around like a potato I am while having my phone on one hand but then I decided to ask my mom whether I should just bake or sleep and she suggested that I should bake . So baking it is then ! 


Before I begin with the ingredients and directions , I actually wanted to create my own healthy recipe so I was testing out on the ingredients and stuff then throwing  everything into the mixer , praying that it will turn out well and delicious. Notice how the edges of the cake are kinda folded and not straight ? That's cause of the parchment paper . Note to self , never use parchment paper to bake cake unless I'm only using it to put at the base of the cake pan or I want uneven edges.

Here are the list of ingredients that you will need ! 

Ingredients ; 
•2 cups whole wheat flour 
•1 cup of oat flour or you can use all purpose flour 
•4 eggs and you can use egg replacer if you want .
•2/3 cups of coconut oil/vegetable oil 
•1/2 cups of raisins (Optional and I used Sultanas) 
•4 ripe bananas 
•1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 
•1 teaspoon salt 
•2 teaspoon baking soda
•1 teaspoon baking powder
•1 tablespoon chia seed (optional)
•1 cup of sugar ( any type that you desire) if you want healthier ones then I suggest you use stevia ? Haha
•1 cup chocolate chips (Optional) 
Note ; you can always add walnuts if you want to by replacing the chocolate chips with walnuts .


Directions ; 
1. Preheat your oven to 175 degree Celsius or 350 F and line your cake/bread tin with parchment paper or you can grease them or spray them with non-stick spray. 
2. Extract enough oat flour by blending the oats. You can use any type of oats you want .
3. Place all your ingredients except the chocolate chips and raisins into a large mixing bowl and mix them up together until they are fully incorporated then fold your chocolate chips and raisins in slowly and mix them well .
4. Pour the batter into the cake/bread tin and lightly knock them on the table to make sure that they spread out evenly .
5. Bake for 55-60 mins or until when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean then take the cake out and leave it to cool for about 15 minutes .
6. Chill in the fridge if you want it to cool faster or else just cut it and indulge yourself in it . 


So there you have it hahah . I honestly feel that I added too many chocolate chips but my sister told me that there's no such thing as too many chocolate chips hahah. But really though , I think it's too many cause my cake end up looking like a huge chocolate chip cookie
 

Anyway , my cake was a success ! My family said it was delicious and they ate nearly 3/4 of it after I took it out and let them cool down or about 20 mins before cutting them. 

This is how it looked like after it came out from the oven and ...
.....
........
..........
..............
.................
 
This is how it looked like in less than 30 minutes haha. Just a gentle reminder , if you're more of a health extremist , I suggest you to not add in the chocolate chips cause it's really sweet but you can always add a bit cause HELLOOO IT IS AFTER ALL CHOCOLATE CHIPS and who doesn't love chocolate chips ? I know I do. 


I'm really satisfied with the outcome although there are still things that I need to patch up the next time I bake this . That's all for now . See you guys soon ! ❤️ 
                               xo

You May Also Like

0 comments