Healthy Oat Chocolate Chunk cookies !

by - 8:37 PM

Hey guys ! A week of SPM torture has finally passed and seriously the questions were full of HOTS especially moral paper . I've actually wasted all my time to memorise the definisi but yet none came out :') Maths was tough cause the questions were tricky but Praise the Lord that I know how to answer and I sorta screwed up for English :/ BM was kinda okay I guess ? But oh well , I'm now left with 2 more weeks. Yay 2 more weeks to freedom ! Okay back to topic , so on the day before SPM I've actually baked some cookies while others are busy reading Komsas haha and to be honest , I don't really know what I was baking cause I literally just threw everything in . 


I was craving for cookies for quite some time especially chocolate chip cookies and my friend CY actually baked some chocolate chip cookies a week ago I guess ? I've only eaten 3 of them and I'm like no, this fat girl needs more cookies in her tummy . So I've decided to bake them cause I'm kinda like that type of person who is like "I can die if I don't fix my craving" so yeah haha! 
So in the morning , I took out all the ingredients to only realised that I'm out of chocolate chips which leads me to substitute it with chocolate chunks. Before starting , I've actually googled on healthy recipes for chocolate chip cookies and most of them require really expensive ingredients such as coconut oil, almond milk , soy milk , coconut flour, stevia and etc etc which I uhhh...don't have so I was like ahhhh screw it. I'll just use whatever I have with me right now .


Here are the list of ingredients . 

• 1/2 cup butter 
• 1 cup brown sugar * I used 1/2 and it was kinda sweet due to the raisins and Choco chunks* 
•3 tablespoons granulated sugar *i used none haha*
•1 egg 
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 
•1/2 teaspoon of salt ( don't have to add in if you're using salted butter) 
•1/4 cup of whole wheat flour or you can use all purpose flour
•1 cup plus 3/4 cup oat flour 
• 1/4 teaspoons of instant coffee
• 1 bar of Hershey's semi sweet chocolate baking bar (can add as many as you want depending on yourself) 
• 1 cup of raisins ( optional ) you can also use walnuts 
• 1/2 teaspoons of chia seeds ( can add as much as you want ) 

Okay , it might not be as healthy as you think it is because of the butter and chocolate chunks but hey , at least it's healthier than most chocolate chip cookies right ? Just that this is using chocolate chunks . Heh 
MOVING FORWARD ! 

Directions ; 
1. Before you start anything , blend your oats (you can use instant , quick cook or rolled oats totally up to you . I used quick cook oats ) in a food processor or a blender to get your oat flour. 
2. Preheat your oven to 350 F. or 180 degree Celsius . 
3. Cream or whisk together your butter , vanilla extract , egg and sugars until it is light and fluffy .
4. Add all your dry ingredients together with the wet ingredients and mix them together until they are fully incorporated.
5. Break your chocolate bar into pieces depending on how big you want them and then add them into the mixture together with your raisins and chia seeds.
6. Line your baking sheets or pan with parchment paper/cookie sheets or spray them with non-stick spray .
7. Use a tablespoon to scoop the dough onto the baking sheets prolly not so near to each other cause they sorta expand. 
8. Bake them for 10-15 minutes then take them out and leave them for 10 mins or more to let them cool and cook a little longer . 


And there you go ! :) it's a very soft and chewy type of cookie so don't expect it to be those hard and crunchy ones . It's important that you don't overbake them or it'll turn into a disaster haha okay wait I'm just exaggerating but yeah , you don't wanna overbake your cookies am I right ? *winks*  

I'm really impressed with the outcome and it tastes really good and not so sweet plus the chia seeds just made everything taste better. I've made around 14 cookies depending on how big you shape them but yeah I like my cookies big hahaha! 

Not to mention , my family finished all of the cookies on that day itself . I admit , I do ate a lot but yeah... I don't care :P 
I honesty can't wait till SPM is over so I can healthify more desserts and bake more and do everything and sleep and hibernate for 10 years and transform into a potato .Jkjk. I just wanna get rid of my reference books , text books , exercise books and etc so that I'll have more space for my novels and other books heheh! Oh well , I shall end this post here to continue my series of 2 Broke Girls before starting on Sejarah *inserts monkey covering eye emoji* .  
Bye guys ! ;) 


You May Also Like

0 comments